OK…. firstly, I know my photo is shocking. It’s definitely time to upgrade to my new camera and ditch the iPhone 6 quick snapshot.
However, despite not looking ideal, these Nutty Salted Caramel Chocolate Bites taste like Snickers and just for 40 calories each!
Please forgive my photography and give these a go; I promise you you’ll be glad you did.
To make 17-20 of these bites, you will need:
- 4 tbsp of natural peanut butter (I used WholeEarth)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 23g of Salted Caramel Whey Protein
- 1/2tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together EXCEPT for the coconut oil.
- Melt the coconut oil either in the microwave (approx 10 seconds) or place in a bowl sitting in hot water (don’t mix the water with the oil – just let the heat from the hot water help to melt the oil).
- Place baking paper on a tray and clear some room in your fridge or freezer!
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add it to the other ingredients and roll into 17-20 small balls and place on the baking paper.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 60 minutes to allow the bites to solidify. To speed up the process, you can always put them in the freezer.
- Bon appetite!
If you create a batch of 20 bites, each bite will consist of 40 calories.